What is the LIP Education Series?
Through the Latinas in Progress™ (LIP) Education Series, the Hispanic Women's Network of Texas, Fort Worth Chapter (HWNT-FW) aims to mentor senior high school Latinas throughout their college journey and equip them with the means to succeed in their personal and professional lives. The LIP Education Series consists of five learning sessions, volunteer opportunities, and mentoring. The LIP Education Series enables students to:
- Learn more about applying to college;
- Focus on writing a personal statement for college and scholarship applications;
- Learn to be more assertive;
- Learn about the importance of civic engagement; and
- Learn about healthy living and important life skills.
You can find the 2018-2019 Latinas in Progress application by clicking on IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS on the left hand side.
Copyright © 2011-15 Hispanic Women’s Network of Texas • All Rights Reserved